Mid Summer Marlborough Sounds
click here to view all our vessels and click here to view our rates
Ahoy there crewmember,
The New Year’s parties are a distant memory, the kids are back to school and the weather is finally settling. While the far north is in drought and the East Coast is under water, those of us lucky enough to live or holiday in the Marlborough district have had a mixed summer with some extremely hot, settled days and the odd southerly ‘buster’ thrown in. The yachts and runabouts have been popular than ever before, with a number of turnarounds reduced to under three hours to accommodate the next charter party. We want to tell you about our new mod cons added to vessels in the fleet and bring to your attention a few specials we are running.
With the prime New Year period gone (all our boats were out- and we had a waiting list!), for those of you in the know, the next few months offer the very best of boating in the Marlborough Sounds. When combined with our exciting new graduated discounts, we are expecting a very busy time here. This ‘special’ will see longer charters rewarded with greater discounts – up to a massive 25% saving for all 7 day charters. Our return clients are of course entitled to their standard 10% discount anyway.
Our new longer charter discounts are as follows,
Latest Summer News updates for 2010
Summer specials 2010 - click here
- "Long Charter Discounts" - This graduated discount is designed to reward the longer charters with a massive 25% off for charters of 7 days or more. The longer you book for the more you save!
New toys to hire
- "Yachts of the Month - "Chieftain and Chinook" - We are promoting one boat per month this season and "Chieftain and Chinook" are our March focus vessels. Book a charter on "Chieftain or Chinook" during March of 3 days or more and you will receive an additional 5% discount on top of the ‘long charter" specials. Chieftain and Chinook are true veterans of the charter industry and their age is reflected in their pricing schedule - great value for money!. Groups of up to 8 have been enjoying fantastic boating holidays aboard these two for many years and as they are sister ships they are commonly booked for larger groups wishing to take 2 vessels. They are very forgiving to sail offering an ideal step up from the 30 footers. They have full head height through the main saloon, a large galley, a huge aft cabin and an enormous elevated cockpit. Book them in March or wait till May as they are fully booked through April. Click here to make an enquiry.
- Launch of the Month - "Phoenix" - We are promoting one boat per month this season and "Phoenix" is December's vessel. Book a chater on "Phoenix" during December for and 3 day charter or more and you will recieve a 10% discount. For charters booked for more than 3 days the longer charter discount applies.
- "Waitangi Weekend Deal" - We are running a special for Waitangi Weekend of 4 days for the price of 3. Arrive at the base for around noon on Thursday the 4th of February and after getting your full briefing you can head straight out of the marina and get your adventure underway. Then arrive back at the marina at 12 noon Monday the 8th of February. As the Waitangi Weekend special is 4 days for the price of 3, this works out to a 25% price reduction so call us to reserve a vessel for you. Click here for more info or Click here to make an enquiry.
- "Boat and Bach" - with Orion – the ideal runabout for a group of up to 6, she has the advantage of a cabin to allow you to get out of all weathers – whether too hot or too cold, and this month only all charterers will be offered the option of the ski biscuit at no additional charge. Click here for more info or Click here to make an enquiry.
- Hire a runabout and a Bach in the Sounds. We have a choice of over 80 Bachs with own moorings/ or jettys in the Sounds. They are the perfect spots to get away from the pace of city life. Explore the sounds during the day with your own runabout. Fish, dive, bush walks, water-skiing or just read a book, you have the best of both worlds ashore and afloat.
- For those of you who want civilisation close at hand, we have a great house (sleeps 12) in Waikawa Bay which is 2 minutes from the boat ramp. Plenty of space and parking for you and your crew. Great for kids and family if the men want to head out on the water for some serious fishing, the ladies can relax at leisure and the kids have plenty to do in the area.
- Prices start at $190 (depending on which runabout you choose, which batch and the season) for 24 hrs. Minimum stay at some is 48hrs (depending on time of year). Leave on a Friday afternoon and spend all day Saturday in your own paradise then head back Sunday afternoon.
- The runabouts we use for this special are Orion (left), Huntsman (centre) and Arnie (right)
- We have access to over 80+ Bach's in the Sounds here so we WILL have one for you! Call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332
Kayaks - single seaters
We have new kayaks to hire this season. They are a great way to get the kids out if they have cabin fever! Hours of fun for all the family. They are rugged and stable and easily stored on deck as they are only 2.7m long.
Cost is $25 load/set up on boat/wash down fee. $25/day for first 3 days and then $15/day after that. Lots of bays can be explored from your mooring and saves pumping up the dinghy!
2.5HP - 4 Stroke Outboards
We also have new 2.5 HP 4-Stroke Suzuki Outboards. The new Suzuki 4 stroke is easy to start, reliable and very quiet. Great on fuel economy as one tanks goes for ages. It's very light to lift on and off your dinghy. Most of our dinghies have hard bottoms. Please enquire with us for further details on your vessels dinghy.
Cost is $25 load/set up on boat/wash down fee. $25/day for first 3 days and then $15/day after that.
For those of you who want a more relaxed way of getting to the shore!New Vessel additions
Our latest launch "Reel Dream" - is currently going through MSA survey and will be ready for the season based out of Havelock! Yes we are running charters out of Havelock this season and if you want any of our vessels to depart from there then we can arrange this. So if you only have 3 days to explore and you want to get around to Pelorus Sound then you can charter this great vessel and be out in the Pelorus Sound in 5 minutes.
She is a 31ft Crestacraft cruiser, a surprise package with superb exterior styling plus a well designed interior layout, with facilities and space that's you would expect of a much larger vessel. This genuine liveaboard cruiser will give you hours of boating pleasure for family and friends.
Crestacraft boats are the perfect family boat renowned by New Zealand boaties for their versatility, soft ride and easy handling.
For more details on "Reel Dream" click here . For enquiries please click here.
Or call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332
11ft NEW Runabout
What a great little boat!. Surveyed for 4 people but perfect for two to zip around the enclosed waters of the Sounds here. If your bach is water access only and your budget is at the lower end then this is your access to freedom.
A 3.3m terminator hull, "Arnie" has all the features of a larger RIB condensed into a easy handled runabout. He has a Brand new electric start Tohatsu 18 HP 2-stroke outboard on the back. Not powerfull enough to go water skiing behind but enough to get two adults and 2 kids up on the plane and cruising along. She is surveyed to MSA standards and has all the safety features required as do all our vessels.
Systems include, electric start, hard mounted VHF, electric bilge pump, flares, lifejackets, anchor + chain and line, charts, compass, oars, first aid kit, boat hook + more!
Why be stuck at the bach when those bays are only 5 mins away. From only $80 a day. Go ahead treat yourself!
For enquiries please click here. Or call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332 .
Our latest yacht addition to the fleet is a proven charter boat from the Caribbean. With 4 double cabins, 2 heads and a great cockpit she is popular here in the Sounds. "Bugamar" has all the usual inventory onboard and has just passed its MNZ survey with flying colours. With her first full season in front of her this year she is already half booked. So if you want to try her out you need to give us a call asap to reserve a spot.
She has had a good refit with a New genoa and mainsail, colour chart plotter, new dinghy and davits, electric heads, oven, batteries, windlass etc etc.....
For more details on Bugamar click here. For enquiries please click here.
Or call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332 .
40ft Power Catamaran
We have a new Power catamaran called "Jumelle" which has just done her first season here in the Sounds. It is a French designed 40ft Euphorie catamaran. "Jumelle" has 4 large double cabins, each with an ensuite, full systems, full electronics, aircon/central heating, great flybridge and viewing platform etc etc. With the stability of a 21.5ft beam, "Jumelle" also has the comforts of a luxury apartment. She has twin Perkins 250 HP inboard diesels which enables her to cruise at 16kts. Superb manoeuvrability in close quarters she is a skippers delight.
For those who demand a bit of SPACE and COMFORT - go no further. Go ahead treat yourself!
For more details on Jumelle click here. For enquiries please click here. Call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332 .
Boat of the month
"Phoenix" - Resort 35ft
Our most popular launch is our "boat of the month" special. "Phoenix" has a new engine and stern thruster - yes Stern Thruster! Both installed this winter along with a few other upgrades, she is all ready for another successful season here in the Sounds. With a bow and a stern thruster she makes manoeuvring a joy!
Phoenix is surveyed for 10 but 8 is ideal. Peak season rates are $640 per day during peak season so that works out to be only $80 each for 24hrs (accommodation on board), out on the water here in the beautiful Sounds. That's pretty good!
Charter a $250,000 launch for $80 each a day! Call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332 .
Here are a few options for you and your crew for accommodation with our boat and Bach packages.
Prices and the number of guests vary with each. The Bach's range between $180 and $350 per night. Discounts are available with bookings of more than one night. Each batch has a mooring which you are able to use when you stay ashore. Some have a jetty and one has a floating jetty.
For enquiries please click here. Call our staff to enquire on availability on 0800 101 332 .
Also Don't Forget ..........
Scallop season has opened and they are fat!
One of our fleet favourites, E.J , has been fitted with and brand new Raymarine colour chart plotter/radar as well as a diesel heater for the winter/early spring season to keep you warm and cozy. So with those perfect clear and calm days during winter/early spring you can keep your shorts and T-shirt on in the evening now! Don't forget we have a fully stocked shop with all the gear, tackle and bait you will need for your trip here in the Sounds. We have over 40 rods for hire and the shop has grown since last season and has been updated with the latest stock, soft baits and so on. The scallop season is in full flow at the moment and there are plenty of them around so give us a call to organize your trip. We specialise in fishing and diving trips for all group levels. Send an enquiry
That's it from us here for the time being until our "Autumn Newsletter" in February/March '10
Waikawa Marina * PO Box 334 * Picton * Toll Free 0800 101332 * Ph +64 (0)3 5738332 * Fax +64 (0)3 5738587 * Mob 027 4340247
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.compasscharters.co.nz