Besides providing the boat for your holiday, Compass Charters can also help you with other related services.
- Moorings: are available for the charter vessels throughout the Sounds. We have a network of 18 moorings (including 8 exclusively for Compass Charters vessels) spread through Queen Charlotte Sound.
- Pick up/Drop offs: A shuttle can come and collect you and your party from nearby accommodation, the train/bus station or the ferry terminal between 0900 and 1600hrs (Subject to availability). This is a free service for 5 day or longer charters and can be pre booked for shorter charters. Please note this is a direct transfer to the base for your paperwork and briefing on your vessel and any shopping can be done later - then a shuttle can be arranged for you once your briefing has been completed.
- Onboard Accommodation: Spend the night before your charter starts onboard getting used to the boat before heading out the next morning. Complete your briefing and let it all sink in without the rush of heading straight out. See "onboard accommodation" details in our rates section and FAQ page.
- Provisioning service: just send us your shopping list (at least 3 days prior to your arrival) and we'll arrange for everything to be onboard for your arrival. A 10% fee will apply on top of the costs of provisions (min $25 fee).
- A Professional skipper: can be provided to take you out on your chosen vessel or provide you with tuition.
- Catering/Crew: Arrangements can be made on request for catering and/or support Crew (Cook, host(ess)).
- Extra Hours: Enjoy a "late checkout" by opting for an extension of your charter, for up to 4 extra hours. This is charged at an hourly rate so you can have anything from 1 to 4 extra hours. The hourly rate is calculated at the daily rate divided by 12.
- Kids Life jackets: are available for the kids under 40kgs. Please
advise us prior to your arrival the weights of your kids so that we can
have the correct life jacket ready for them on arrival.
- Safety and Systems Manual: Our comprehensive manual covers all aspects of your vessel, is onboard for your reference during your charter.
- Bedding Hire: Hire of duvets, sheets and towels needs to be arranged beforehand. For a charter of 5 days or more bedding is free but still needs to be arranged so that we can get the correct bedding onboard. A set is a covered duvet, a sheet and towel (or 2 towels for a double set). Pillows and pillow cases are supplied as standard.
- Fishing Rod Hire: Rods are available for hire at our base. Bait, tackle and ice are available for sale at our Base in the marina.
- Water ski's and ski-biscuit Hire: available on request, comes with an adult ski jacket and towrope.
- Kayak Hire: Single seater 2.7m, comes with life vest and paddle. Stocks are limited so please book in advance.
- Outboard Hire: 2 - 2.5 HP outboards are available, stocks are limited so please book in advance.
- Scallop Dredge Hire: Available in season only, stocks are limited so please book in advance.
- Waeco Portable Fridge/Freezer Hire: great for vessels with limited fridge space, longer charters or day charters on runabouts. Please book in advance.
All these services are subject to availability. Our Crew can help you with any queries you may have. Just ask...
See our RATES page for more info and pricing.
- Vessel Management for your private vessel: Take the hassle out of boat ownership. We can make sure your boat is ready to go for your holiday, do any jobs and grooming, organize maintenance etc. Please enquire for more information.