Welcome to our trade pages. Please make sure you and your clients are aware of our charter conditions.
Compass Charters provides boating holidays to almost everyone's requirements: Stress-relievers, Action packages, Charters to the outer limits of the Sounds, fishing or dive trips, Eco or Nature experiences & corporate entertaining. Let us know the requirements of your client and we will put something together that will be perfect for your clients. Their charter could be self-drive if they have the boating experience. Other options can be: Cruise & Learn: The first part of the charter a skipper will take them through the necessary tuition. This can vary from an hour to a couple of days. We also provide skippered or crewed charters, provisioning and/or catering can all be arranged.
Before you can confirm your charter with your clients, you will have to check availability of the required vessel(s) on the required dates with Compass Charters. We will also need some information of your clients. For a self-drive charter we will have to acknowledge the boating experience of your customers. Just let us know your requirements and we will quote you your tailor-made package or we can come up with an itinery to suit.
Charter seasons: Peak: December 20 to February 15 & Easter Holidays Shoulder: February 16 to May 1 excluding Easter holidays and October 1 to December 19. Economy: May 1 to October 1
Commission: Local operators 5%, Other agents: 10% for shorter charters and 15% for charters over 7 days. The rates listed are gross and in NZ dollars.
A basic boating holiday will include the following items. Note: The bareboat rate displayed on our general pages will not include items like pick-up fees, surcharges, Fuel, fishing tackle, linen etc. We can quote you a package charter to make it easy for your clients.
Skippered Charters package rate: Included: Hire of fully equipped vessel, LPG, skipper, tuition during charter if required, linen, fishing rods, bait and tackle, transport from Airport, ferry terminal, car rental or accommodation in the Picton / Blenheim area, use of private moorings around the Sounds. Not included: Fuel used. Provisioning, Chef or host(ess), additional travel arrangements.
Self-drive Charters: Included: Hire of fully equipped vessel, LPG, extensive briefing of vessel, cruising area and safety, use of private moorings around the Sounds. Not included: Fuel used, Additional tuition and services, Provisioning, Chef or host(ess), skipper, additional travel arrangements.
Options available: For example
- Provisioning: Own list plus 5 % provisioning fee or $60 per person per day and Gourmet Provisioning $85 per person per day. Alcoholic beverages are not included in provisioning but can be arranged. Provisioning can also be sorted out by sending a provisions list with the items required.
- Resort bookings for meals or accommodation
- Crew: Hostess $200 per day chef $250
- Winetour $65 per person per day (Does not include lunch at vineyard but oportunity avail.)
- Relocation of vessel to Portage/Nelson before/after charter $300-$550 depending on vessel and destination.
- Additional equipment hire (scuba / fishing) Arrangement of dive trips. Dive master could meet the vessel during the charter.
- See also trip itineries & descriptions on this website
Click here to download a bookingform for your clients.